Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A new twist on the Laundry Room!

My absolute most favorite room in my home is my laundry room.  Weird right?  It probably has to do with the fact that I am always in that room.  It feels like we always have a mountain of laundry.  And I never seem to get totally ahead of it. (don't rat me out...I like to think that I am totally on top of my game all the time.)  So anywhoo...like I was saying, I live in my laundry room.  In fact our laundry room was one of the major attractions when we bought our house.  It is located right off the kitchen and I love the fact that I don't have to go down to the basement for laundry.

Here is what it looked like when we closed on the house:



After we moved in we painted the room and added some curtains.  I also whipped up a sink skirt to try and disguise the ugly on the utility sink.  It made the room better.  But....it just isn't quite right. I love the color I picked but it is a bit dark for the room.  And I discovered my curtains are too long for a utility room.


So I think it is time to "tweak" it.

Here is the plan....  


I think adding board and batten will help lighten and brighten the room up.  Plus that helps to tie the room into the kitchen.  Th hubs is willing to build me these amazing laundry pedestals that I found on Ana White's page.  And I think I might even diy some new art for the walls!  

I can't wait to get started!  Coming soon the new and improved laundry room...




No comments:

Post a Comment