When I started considering redoing the girls bedroom I sat them down and had them make wish lists for their new space. And the lists they came up were not that crazy. New bedding, new rug, better lighting, floating shelves, beachy feel. Totally doable. Until I read...herringbone painted wall. Womp Womp.
How on earth was I going to accurately tape off and paint a herringbone wall. I think I broke out into stress hives. No lie. So, I sat down at my trusty computer and started googling the heck out of herringbone wall. And I came across this. The herringbone shuffle stencil from Royal Design studio.
I ordered it online and it was delivered within a week. Best decision ever! It was super simple to use and it added such a punch of color to the room.
The hubs helped me out by painting the walls in the bedroom for me. Three out of four walls were painted a beautiful turquoise blue and the fourth wall was painted white. The colors we picked for the stenciled wall were 3 shades of turquoise (the wall color, and a shade lighter and darker from that color) a beautiful coral and a deep navy blue.
I sprayed the back of the stencil with spray adhesive and stuck it to the wall. Then I added the paint to the stencil using foam brushes.
The stencil came with a small header stencil so that you can bring the stencil up close to the ceiling. It helped to make it look much more polished.
All the time and effort was worth it. It looks amazing!
I'm liking up at:
- DIY Showoff
- I should Be Mopping the Floor: Inspiration Monday Party
- Huckleberry Love: Much ado about Monday
- Dwelling in Happiness: Motivational Monday Party
- View from the Fridge: diy Sunday Showcase
- Cozy Little House
- Cedar Hill Farmhouse: The Scoop
- Becoming Martha: Monday Funday
- Live randomly Simple: Totally terrific Tuesday Link Party
- finding silver pennies
- Sand and Sisal: Inspire me Monday
- Home Stories A to Z:Tutorials and Tip Links Party
- Coastal Charm:Show and Share
- A Bowl Full of Lemons: One Project at a Time
- The Happy Housie: Work it Wednesday
- Your Turn to Shine Link Party
- Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday
- Live Laugh Rowe:Inspiration
- Too Much Time on My Hands: The handmade hangout
- Chick on a Shoestring Budget:
- Design Dining and Diapers: Inspiration Gallery
- Blue I Style: The Creative Circle
- Tatertots and Jello: Link Party Palooza
- Blooming Homestead:The Creative collection
- diy dreamer
- A stroll thru life
- Modern Pilgrimage:moonlight and mason jars
- little red brick house:think and make Thursday link party
- just us four:pinworthy projects party
- i heart naptime: Link Party Palooza