Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Easy-Peasy Lamp Redo


Revamping B-man's room has so far been a labor of love. Stress on the word labor. This kiddo does not like change! I'm talking if  nothing ever changes in is room he will do a happy dance. In fact his answer to purging /changing his room is we should buy a new house that has a bigger room for him. I.am.so.serious.  So anytime we redo/revamp anything for him it takes a little bit longer.

That being said, I recently redid his old nursery lamp into an updated Marvel comic lamp.




I know.  It's adorable.  And it was so super easy.  I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago.

I started with the old lamp.  Everyone I know had this lamp or a version of it in their kiddos nursery.

It's very simple.  I painted the base with more of the paprika paint from Clark and Kensington.  It took 2 coats for good coverage.  This color is going to be an accent color in his new super hero room.


I found the cutest fabric at Joann Fabrics.  We are giving his room an updated Marvel Comic look.  He gets to keep his superheros it is just more age appropriate.  Here is the fabric.


Too Cute!!  I LOVE it!

I then laid the fabric out and gave it a good iron.  Then I traced the lampshade on the fabric using a sharpie.  I just rolled it and followed it with the marker.  I made the tracing about an inch too wide so that I could fold it under the edge of the shade.  Then I cut it out.



I used a spray adhesive on the wrong side of the fabric and carefully applied the fabric to the shade.


I got out the glue gun (my favorite tool) and glued some red binding along the top and bottom of the shade to finish it off.

I think that the binding finishes it off sharply.


I put the redone shade on the lamp and it is done.  Easy-Peasy Lemon Squeezy!


Super cute!  And super easy!  And it didn't cost me that much either.  The fabric was $10 bucks a yard and I think I used a 1/2 yard.  So $5 dollars worth of fabric. The binding was $1.99 a yard and I used 2 yards.  The spray adhesive was maybe $7.00 for the can.  And I have a ton of that left.  And the lamp and paint were already owned by me (free)  So for under $20 dollars I have a completely new look and a really happy little man.  

He LOVES the "new" lamp!  And that makes me happy.  





I'm liking up at:
finding silver pennies
Sand and Sisal: Inspire me Monday
Home Stories A to Z:Tutorials and Tip Links Party
Coastal Charm:Show and Share
A Bowl Full of Lemons: One Project at a Time
The Happy Housie: Work it Wednesday
Your Turn to Shine Link Party
Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday
Blue I Style: The Creative Circle
Tatertots and Jello: Link Party Palooza

No comments:

Post a Comment