Monday, April 27, 2015

Craft Room dreaming...

I dream of having a craft room all for myself.  Somewhere that I can spread out and leave projects as I am working on them.  Or where I can close the door and disappear for awhile into my own head. 

Spaces such as these...



  


              (Source)

               (Source)

                (Source)

Unfortunately there is no room available for my dream space here in my happy little home.  So I currently work at the dining room table or in the middle of the kitchen.

Enter my hubs...  He has a "bar" area in the basement that he is willing to give up for me to create my own space.  I have affectionately called it my "mom-cave"  It's not really a cave.  It's more like a 5 foot section of counter top tucked under the basement stairs.  But I'm not complaining.  It is a heck of a lot more than I had before.  However...it is in sad shape.  I'm talking depressing.  Have a look at the before:




Womp Womp....  I told you it was sad and depressing.  But, never fear.  I have a plan.  This space is going to go from ugly, cramped and cluttered to bright, beautiful and inspiring.  I have big ideas!  I'm dreaming of memo boards, peg boards, chalkboard labels and lots and lots of storage.  Stay tuned to see what I have up my sleeves!



No comments:

Post a Comment