Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Painting stripes in the "new and improved super hero room"



I am amazed at the power of paint.  It's cheap.  It's easy to do.  And it makes such a huge difference in a room.  I am slowly picking away at B-man's bedroom.  Slowly being the important word.
 He is not a kid who embraces change.  In fact, change rocks his little world in a not so nice way. So we have to ease him in to things.  So far I have built him pallet bookcases.  I updated a cute little desk for him. And I reworked his existing lamp.  Just those projects have taken me 9 months.  Like I said...we ease him into change.

I decided to paint his room. It was bright sunny yellow that he picked out when we moved in.  He was four. The before picture does not give an accurate picture of how bright this yellow was.  I'm talking put your sunglasses on or your eyes are going to hurt yellow.



I decided on a nice soft grey. It is Clark and Kensington's Oyster Pearl. What I liked about this color is that it is versatile.  It can grow with him.

  
It created a nice blank canvas.  I added stripes to one wall to give the room some personality.  First I taped off the different stripes.




Then I painted the stripes.  I used the same paint that I have been using throughout his room.  The red is Clark and Kensington paint in the color Spicy Paprika. The blue paint is Sapphire by Clark and Kensington.  The white is just what you get off the shelf.





After the paint dried I pulled off the tape and was left with an amazing wall of color.



It is perfect.  Just enough to break up all the grey but not too much to overwhelm a tiny room.  
All that I have left is the finishing touches and I can cross his bedroom refresh off the list!




I'm liking up at:
finding silver pennies
Sand and Sisal: Inspire me Monday
Home Stories A to Z:Tutorials and Tip Links Party
Coastal Charm:Show and Share
A Bowl Full of Lemons: One Project at a Time
The Happy Housie: Work it Wednesday
Your Turn to Shine Link Party
Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday
Blue I Style: The Creative Circle


Tatertots and Jello: Link Party Palooza

No comments:

Post a Comment