Wednesday, August 5, 2015

DIY Chalkboard Labels



I've been living and crafting in my new craft space for a couple of weeks now and I have to admit that I am still loving it!  It is amazing to finally have all of my crafting supplies in one space.  I spent a few hours gathering all of my goodies from around the house. After I got them all together I was surprised to see just how many supplies I had.  I needed to organize them.

After grouping them all together I placed them in clear plastic shoe boxes that I picked up at Walmart.  All that was left to do was to label them.  I am a complete sucker for chalkboard labels.  I adore everything about them.  They can be reused over and over again.  And I think they are just kinda cute.

I started pricing out chalkboard labels.  I found these on amazon.

Aren't they amazing!  But the price wasn't.  These are $14.95 for 18 labels.  Not such a good deal.  So I started thinking...how hard would it be to make chalkboard labels?  I already owned chalkboard paint.  So I gave it a try.


I bought print to the edge Avery labels from Walmart.  They cost $12.78 for 180 labels.  Score!


I painted the labels with my chalkboard paint.


After they were dry they looked like this...  I used my chalk pen to write out the labels.


Pretty Nifty!

They worked out great!  I used them to label all of my plastic containers in my bookshelf.








I love it!  Super simple.  Super easy.  And super affordable.



3 comments:

  1. Oh that is easy! And can you erase and write a new label on there? My plastic bins need lables! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So far they erase great. But truthfully I haven't had to rewrite them often. But it is super easy. I hope if you try them they work out great for you.

      Delete