I live in a house with 2 teenage girls, a 10 year old boy, the hubs and a dog and a cat. I am fighting a losing battle every day. My house can be messy at times. It looks lived in. I'm not going to lie. And the biggest mess is generally in the girls room.
Sometimes it's the simplest things things in life that make the biggest impact. I would have never dreamed that some simple crates for holding the girls shoes would be such a game changer in the tidiness of their space.
It's easy. All they have to do is toss the shoes in.
These crates were so easy to put together. I bought pre-made crates at Joanne's. With my coupon I spent less than 15 dollars per crate. I loved that they were already white washed. One less step for me!
I also picked up some wooden initials while I was there.
I gave them a quick coat of coral paint. I used the leftovers from the herringbone wall I stenciled in their room. Then I just glued them onto the crate with a little liquid nails.
I added some simple castors to the bottom of the crates. This way they are easy to move and won't scratch the hardwood floors.
I placed them at the end of the girls beds for ease.
I love them. No more piles of flip flops and Ugg Boots all over the place. And it cost less than 30 dollars for 2 crates. As far as I am concerned that is money well spent.
I couldn't be happier with the results. And it makes things a little easier for them to be neat and tidy.
Baby steps...I will win the clutter war in this house.
I'm liking up at:
- DIY Showoff
- I should Be Mopping the Floor: Inspiration Monday Party
- Huckleberry Love: Much ado about Monday
- Dwelling in Happiness: Motivational Monday Party
- View from the Fridge: diy Sunday Showcase
- Cozy Little House
- Cedar Hill Farmhouse: The Scoop
- Becoming Martha: Monday Funday
- Live randomly Simple: Totally terrific Tuesday Link Party
- finding silver pennies
- Sand and Sisal: Inspire me Monday
- Home Stories A to Z:Tutorials and Tip Links Party
- Coastal Charm:Show and Share
- A Bowl Full of Lemons: One Project at a Time
- The Happy Housie: Work it Wednesday
- Your Turn to Shine Link Party
- Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday
- Live Laugh Rowe:Inspiration
- Too Much Time on My Hands: The handmade hangout
- Chick on a Shoestring Budget:
- Design Dining and Diapers: Inspiration Gallery
- Blue I Style: The Creative Circle
- Tatertots and Jello: Link Party Palooza
- Blooming Homestead:The Creative collection
- diy dreamer
- A stroll thru life
- Modern Pilgrimage:moonlight and mason jars
- little red brick house:think and make Thursday link party
- just us four:pinworthy projects party
- i heart naptime: Link Party Palooza